Thread: New MG ZS
View Single Post
Old 12-07-16, 08:02 AM   #12
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeus101 View Post
MG need something sporty in the lineup to survive imo
The thing is, I disagree.

For a brand to survive they need turnover. The MG3 is proving a success. I think the crossover - GS I think they have called it will bring in some money too. Low end cost with decent spec and will compete well for the private family money. This "ZS" will also compete with the Juke. Lets face it - there are mini/medium SUVs and Jukes everywhere. Once the accountants are happy, they will give the green light to the sporty little number that they put on hold.

For me though and we need to acknowledge this - this isn't the MG of old at all. This is a new business venture using the name of a company with history to create interest. Personally I'd have been far happier to see Roewe being used for these type models and for them to have left the MG designation for later sports models, or sportier variants - So for me for example the MG3 would be a Roewe 3 in normal guise but a 200bhp 3 would be an MG3. But, the bean counters have decided to make an impact and to generate the customer base they needed to use the name. So be it.
Dan1971 is online now   Reply With Quote