View Single Post
Old 28-10-17, 03:12 PM   #7
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Hi all,

So I've got the bumper off to see what I can do about the sagging/fouling front end, and thought I'd look at the washers as it is there and accessible...

But here's the things I'm a little confused about and I hope that some-one can give me a hint.... Or even better tell me

There are two pumps on the washer bottle, one with a white clip and one with a Red clip, with pin orientation different on each one.....

I've got power to the WHITE one when I pull the washer front and back - current drawn when sticking multimeter into the connector.

I have no current when putting it into the RED connector. Is the Red connector the headlamp washer? (don't have them so hoping so!)

Thinking logically, I presume that the white one is the washer, and I removed the pump; it appears to be totally seized when I disassembled it and tried to spin the shaft.

Before I put an order in with RimmerBros (delayed delivery as not on the shelf) can any-one confirm I should replace the WHITE connector pump as per the image below... Or should I try and troubleshoot the RED connector pump having no power...

IF the white one is the one I need to fix, does any-one have a spare lying around for beer tokens?

Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote