View Single Post
Old 19-02-14, 04:49 AM   #108
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Well, that went well, not!

Got the cable for the heated screen all in place - both sets of tails crimped and run through the grommet for the wiper wiring, through the bulk head to the inner fusebox, then under the dash and out of the other bulkhead grommet to the engine bay fuse box along with a trigger wire for the relays. I then connected the relays next to the inner fusebox and the cables to the engine bay fuse box as per Petes "how to".

Everything was done and the tools away by 5pm. The relays were clicking on and off when I operated the HRW switch and the front screen heated.

At 10.30pm we went out to collect my daughter and friends from the airport, dropped the other two home and got back here for about midnight - the screen worked well.

Then at 6am I got in the car for work - the battery was completely flat, not even enough charge for the clock! Jumped it and drove to work where I disconnected the main power lead and the relay & fuse for the HRW. At 4.30 when I finished the battery was just as dead.

Jumped her again and drove home - disconnected the switching lead to the relays and now have no more battery drain!

So I guess I'll be looking at relays on Saturday.

On the plus side - I emptied the boot for the girls luggage - I'm sure the car is quicker.