View Single Post
Old 01-05-18, 08:43 PM   #12
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

I got an invite to Williams to look at the cars and they let us loose on some Renault Meganes.

They got us to drive at a polystyrene block wall at 40 mph. hit the brakes and steer round it. To show that with ABS coming on, you can still steer the car.

Normally when you hit the brakes in a emergency you just hold the wheel and hope for the best. It showed that even though the wheels were locked you can still steer the car. Is a bit weird and difficult to get the brain to pull the wheel, but with the ABS it all works and you can still steer out of trouble.

They did suggest trying it in a empty car park.

Was a good lesson, must have worked as a Porsche Cayenne pulled out straight in front of us the other day. Brakes full on and steered to the left or I would have him, arrogant git. Waved an apology, I expect it was because we were in our Punto and he didn't want to wait!!