Thread: ZS TD project
View Single Post
Old 26-08-14, 08:30 AM   #86
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Nice one Phil - it is a shame to see that the 200TDI's clogged the VNT mech so fast though....

I think it is going to be interesting if we can find a sweet spot , but it seems that mapping will probably have to be done on a dyno, and a 'loooong' session too to get it right.

I really hope the lag is not too bad for you, as I think you will miss the low down response the VNT gave you - as going back to an OE unit, I understand they are fairly similar in terms of response characteristics.

I know the stage 2 is around 2000 before anything meaningful happens, and 2225 before full boost can be achieved.

I have to admit it is my biggest fear with the GTB purchase, the soot levels..... first stage is cleaning running on SDI hybrids though to get it bedded in and work on the controller tweaking!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote