Thread: a fair price?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-10, 09:49 PM   #15
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
You answered your own question there. Pay that little bit more for something that has had the money spent on it in the right manner. Not one that has been messed with but one that has been thoughtfully modified. Buying one for less than £1500 is buying what? Something that is tired and needs money put into it to make it what you want, but it is still tired underneath.

Mine is a 52 plate, I've owned it for 5 years this month, it has done over 70k, 50k I have put on and I am the second owner. Okay it is 8 years old this year but you wouldn't think so. But to think it is worth around £1500 is a crying shame. But that doesn't bother me as it has paid for itself now and moving into another phase in its life. I still consider it as work in progress because I still enjoy driving it and want to improve it, just can't afford to do it all as living is expensive these days.