View Single Post
Old 03-08-07, 03:17 PM   #25
al_roverMG
Site Supporter

al_roverMG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboZed View Post
I think you should try it on against Donnydiesel..his lowly rover 400 diesel only has 180 odd bhp and megga buckets of torque..I'm sure you could easily wup him
It costs just £250 to get 140bhp out of a ZS diesel with more torque than your 180 can muster...just work out how much it costs to get a 39 bhp hike out of your motor..cause I know how much it costs...
Wingy's TD gives more torque than the supercharged V6 can muster 2.

As for the 180 being faster in gear he seems to have removed it now but Ron had a table showing that a superchipped 45TD was faster for all the in gear acceleration figures than the ZS 180 and the ZT 190. TBH Matt your typical of the petrol snobs who discount a diesel. Just because the powerband "feels" narrow doesnt mean it is narrow. Having driven a ZS180 there really isnt anything below 3krpm and it runs out of usable puff at 6krpm so thats 3krpm in my book. My TD pulls with much more urge from 1600 all the way to 4500 so i see that as being 100 rpm less, big deal.

As for the saab diesel so what if it does have 148 bhp, bhp is not what makes a car move, torque does.
al_roverMG is offline   Reply With Quote