View Single Post
Old 30-08-18, 09:02 AM   #197
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I don't honestly think that "feel" will tell you if they are working or not. I think there is a natural power band in any car apart from very small naturally aspirated engines so you should feel a surge in power regardless and especially if you're trying to feel it - if you know what I mean.

I wouldn't go straight to ordering one/both though on my say so ... you need to get hold of a tester. We used to have one on the site that just got posted around. If you're happy with it as is - don't panic about it and wait to test them. I don't think there would be a fault code for it as it's not gonna impact on if the car drives or not. It won't hurt it if they are not working, indeed a guy at the RR I mentioned who owned the garage had removed the vis motors entirely but had modified the inlet maniforld so that the power/balance bits were open constantly I think and got 170ish IIRC - Stamford and Pete were there too ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote