Thread: Bonnet vents
View Single Post
Old 25-07-12, 05:58 PM   #23
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
many of the old gen btcc had half height rads (think the mg was one of them) and the grille was used primarily for air to the plenum.
The overheating problems they had were on the start finish if there were delays, the car was not design to idle (at 3,000rpm) stationary.
But cooling wasn't an issue out on track due to velocity of air.

The ZS on the other hand is a road going vehicle designed to sit in traffic. Cooling should not really be an issue on a nasp car like ^^^ said.

Many people at the track lift the bonnets when they come in, I'm sure some do it only to show off the bling in the engine bay, but this will dissipate heat (and the ZS bonnet can catch fully upright), but a cooling down lap also helps with this and moreso the brakes.

I never lift the bonnet, even after an hour or two solid on track, perhaps I should, but the engine has always been OK.

Like you, I often run my car 3 people up with a car rest of 10mins per hour, it is a gruiler on the car but it takes it.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote