View Single Post
Old 04-10-13, 08:41 AM   #6
Dave

Dave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
All things I'm considering in fairness. I have owned a tuned L series in the form of a 200 but not as high power as Daves 155hp ZS. It was about 20hp off that but still went ok.
Only owned it for 10 months as missed the ZS too much and bought it to save money but ended up using it more because was saying to myself its cheaper
I'm wondering though if ill be happier with a zs derv as I love my one now and probably wouldn't sell if I wasn't starting to think of the finances a bit more but I just don't want to go and do something 8 months down the line I'm regretting.

If I did get one though, you can be assured that it won't be stayin standard very long as already have a list of things and few upgrades tucked away in the garage from the previous smoker.
Thanks for the offer of that Dave, I can't see us being your way at present but if we ever are and still considering the chane ill certainly be in touch mate
You don't have the rev range in the derv, as you do in the V6, but once tuned, there is plenty of fun to be had.

If i'm honest, if i got rid of the derv before driving a V6, i think i would have been disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, the V6 is quick, but i never got the feeling of speed. Cruising in 5th, then drop it down to 3rd in my derv, you certainly feel the kick from the turbo.

I suppose if i never had my derv, and just had a 1.4, then a V6 upgrade, i'd be more than happy.

Horses for course really, but i am sure you won't be too disappointed with a derv once tuned.
Bare me in mind, if you do get the derv, and need it re-mapping.

Cheers
Dave

MGR East Anglia - THE area meet, for all enthusiasts of MGR
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote