View Single Post
Old 04-10-13, 09:50 AM   #8
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
You don't have the rev range in the derv, as you do in the V6, but once tuned, there is plenty of fun to be had.

If i'm honest, if i got rid of the derv before driving a V6, i think i would have been disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, the V6 is quick, but i never got the feeling of speed. Cruising in 5th, then drop it down to 3rd in my derv, you certainly feel the kick from the turbo.

I suppose if i never had my derv, and just had a 1.4, then a V6 upgrade, i'd be more than happy.

Horses for course really, but i am sure you won't be too disappointed with a derv once tuned.
Bare me in mind, if you do get the derv, and need it re-mapping.

Cheers
Dave

I can certainly see what your saying but I still don't think the derv will ever give the same power feel as the 180. It would be very close but I still think the overall power from the v6 would be more noticeable. Maybe I am wrong but I've only ever compared it to my old 200 which was in no way slow and certainly when you got it in the power band on gear change certainly hurtled you forwards but it didnt feel as quick.
Anyway, the main point for me is being a proper petrol head would being in a derv bother me after a while and get boring, that's what I'm concerned about. I'm in no way knocking the diesels as I know how good they are but I'm just thinking how much is it going to cost to get it to a standard where I will be properly happy with it.

Any economy improvement will be a bonus but I would probably end up wanting as much power from it as poss but still be able to achieve a decent mpg when not wanting a loon. Not quite do easy in the v6 as everything I think ill have a calm drive I only need a clear but if road and it becons me to open it up again
Think I need to go out I'm one as you say to see what's what with the zs as the better drive of that may be enough to keep me happier with it being diesel?