View Single Post
Old 20-10-09, 09:08 PM   #10
bmm87

bmm87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post
Roadworks, cones, speed limit etc are all there for a reason. I am sure the contractors do not put cones there willy nilly just so they can delay your journeys. Not everyone works 24/7 and do you know how long it will take to set up traffic management on a 3-4 miles stretch of a motorway. If we want good roads and infrastructures then we will have to live with roadworks.

As for the speed limit it is there to protect the workforce. Next time try standing on a layby within inches of cars doing 70mph next to you. That is not pleasant, and imagine those people working on the roads with only some plastic cones protecting them from numpty drivers doing more than the speed limit.
look mate, there are 2 mile strectches of the damn thing that havnt been touched in months, but the cones are still there and the 30mph speed restriction!! i hav absolutley no problem with the speed when there are people working, in fact i usually go slower when passing them, but even then the work only gets dun at night

and if u think its just me that thinks its ridiculous, in the paper today, in 24 hours they caught 600 people doin more than 40mph, as everyone thinks its a joke!