View Single Post
Old 12-11-17, 10:22 AM   #16
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I am in the same positon with too many cars needing love and not enough time for them all.

We actually went over to a localish independent Alfa dealer this afternoon to sit in a couple of models. I was rather taken by the 159 and the Brera but I really want a 3.2, I don't want a 1.7 turbo or any sort of diesel and they are in rather sort supply.
just make sure its not fitted with the vauxhall m32 box, it will forever need rebuilds!

The Ti is the one to have in 159 format, but with big rims comes the need to polybush the front compliance bush else your front tyres will last 4k miles only.

The 2.4jtd is a bit heavy, the 1.9 is good with a remap, sluggish without but has that awful M32 box.

The 2.0jtdm came with (I think) the F40 box which is not a bad box, this is the diesel choice.

Never really had the petrols, the 2.2 never appealed and my only experience of the v6 was older gen, great sound, pulled well, revved well, but could drink the fuel.

A remapped diesel will be quick, and offer great economy.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote