View Single Post
Old 07-03-10, 11:36 AM   #10
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
To be honest........the world is your oyster in terms of making a road rocket.......using your car in motorsport or on track you may want a plumbed in fire extingusher, bucket seat and harness, you may want an internal fuel tank and roll cage too.......

I would say you can make a very good road rocket that you could use either on the road or track. Take Ross' charged car or Daves AUDI engined beast.........all have a mk1 shell in common though as I guess to some extent mk2 cars are holding their money better but there are owners out there at the minute who have 'track capable' cars and use them as daily drivers too.

First mods are induction, exhaust, remap and the Quaiffe diff.........that in my opinion is enough of a car for you to enjoy on track without going mad.......next comes the uprated or bigger brakes and coilover suspension but you have to ask yourself if that is going over the line from a road car to a track weapon and whether it is worth the costs in doing this.

As I have recently found out though.......ZS180 MG Rover suspension is as expensive as a coilover set up........so maybe in time this is a valid and cost effective reason to change and upgrade your road rocket.

Blimey...........so much to think about............but once you start you won't look back!!!

Jim