Thread: DID clutch kit.
View Single Post
Old 03-05-14, 10:40 PM   #11
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
Funny timing, I just bought one of these today myself. My clutch pedal has had a few odd moments over the last couple of weeks, including refusing to come out of reverse when I was trying to park in a public car park. Even with the clutch fully depressed, I still went hurtling backwards!

Did you fit yours on a driveway on stands?
No need for stands mate, everything is gettable from the top.

One thing I will say is the pedal part is bloody hard work, must have hit my head on the steering wheel about 10 times and smashed my elbow on the end of the seat runner once.

Also don't take the instructions to the letter, the easiest thing to do is fit the slave with the flexi hose attached and feed that back to where the master is located then fit the master and attach to the firewall. They want you to feed the master round the back of the engine.

Also where the little resivior is attached the natural angle of the tube makes it kink so I cable tied it in the middle of the tube to one of the set of wires with the plastic casing round it.

All in all it took me about 3 hours including a cup of tea and double checking the instructions. Reckon I could do it in under an hour if doing again.

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote