Thread: DID clutch kit.
View Single Post
Old 04-05-14, 01:58 PM   #20
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by M17TT180 View Post
You must have done something wrong then? I'm a complete novice and got it all fit properly just using their instructions. Yes I agree they are a bit rubbish and don't go into enough detail, for example when bleeding the clutch to push down slowly on the pedal unlike my missus who just pushed it as you normally would when changing the gear. Also to fill the reservoir and replace the soft rubber bit AND the screw cap. Think I still have a bit of air in the system so am going to rebleed it and bring the biting point down a touch as its quite high.

All in all I think the only difference between this and the real sheddist is the flexi hose instead of the copper piping.
I did struggle to bleed the system, to the point of it being impossible. I've fitted these before, two of Nigels kits and had absolutely no problem. It's not difficult to work out and am convinced that I fitted it correctly.

I may of course have something different at the pedal end to other ZS's maybe? I don't know. Although by drilling that extra hole in the pedal and attaching the clevis pin to it, and therefore lengthening the stroke of the master cylinder which in turn bled the system straight away, tells me that the stroke on the master cylinder is just not long enough (if using the existing hole in the pedal). Even with the clevis pin wound to the end of its travel on the pushrod, I couldn't get any fluid or air out.

A vacuum bleeder is a good example, I have never used one but have seen them advertised.
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote