View Single Post
Old 24-10-09, 02:27 PM   #16
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmm87 View Post
right so we are not allowed to question the fact that this is inappropriate, and im not talking about speeding past the workforce if u had bothered to read my posts! they shouldnt turn what is effectivly an 8 mile stretch of motorway to 40 mph, then only work at one tiny bit at a time! fair enough, reduce the speed, but 40 is bordering on ridiculous!
And if you had bothered to read my post you would have seen that at no point did I say anything about questioning whether 40 mph was inappropriate or not, I merely said it is not a big deal to do 40mph for a few miles and that cameras are necessary to ensure it is complied with.

Anyway, do you seriously think that someone somewhere sat down and plucked the 40mph figure from the air thinking it would cause maximum disruption to everyone? Or do you think they followed policy that has been carefully worked out?
40mph may seem slow but they have obviously come up with it for a reason and not just to annoy people.
I don't know why they don't seem to work during the day but again there must be a reason.