View Single Post
Old 23-10-12, 04:07 PM   #179
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
hmm 3 months, been a bit of a pain in the proverbial tbh....

My coolant pipes were a nightmare to locate - found some eventually on a scrapper that were in good nick and have been fitted...

then next to try to find was the A|c pipe - nothing from xpart - and nothing from a scapper.

in the end had to get it made up by pirtek - typically this has taken the whole summer to eventually happen - we were going to use a mobile A|c guy to create a pipe based on mine as a template - but he went bust after doing nothing for well over a month

During this time needed another MOT - has eaten another set of rear brakes (disks and pads). not the slide pin but something else siezed on one side...

It has had the underside treated for rust - i have some serious corrosion on my car - more so than would be expected.. so either bristol uses some nasty salt in winter or i have driven through something corrosive at some point

my magic box of tricks is still no further - though i have been in contact with the guy to try to give him a swift kick up the arse.. hoping he will at least have me a PCB printed shortly and then we can get at least a basic revision firmware loaded on.... then will be a case of tweak - then flash to get the setup correct....

Of course once i manage to get the system actually fabricated this is... will be pretty loud until it works as i dont want to cut into the downpipe until we get it doing what it is designed to!

probably will be 2013 that it is finished i expect now... and then it will need some running in so prob no track days for me for another year!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote