Thread: PeteT16's KV6
View Single Post
Old 17-07-17, 09:52 AM   #27
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Agreed repairable. But also look at the price of a replacement! before starting on panel work and paint.

Drew
Paint is purely the cost of paint itself and as it was going to get a respray anyway its not any extra really. (We have our own booth and she is an experienced Airbrish artist and automotive\farm machinery sprayer)

Panel work has started, I have almost pulled the rear quarter out and have fully sorted the front sill.

Work has stopped for the moment as I am waiting for a couple of tools to be delivered to finalise the rear and pull the middle bit of the sill out in a more controlled way than pliers and hammer

Now, I was going to keep the car XPG with a special finish, but after this I am wondering about completely changing the colour. I have access to ALL the Monogram colours at cheaper prices than the guys on the group are quoting, but at the moment I am thinking of TVR Cascade Copper...

With a bit of artwork hidden under the bonnet and boot maybe....

Still, I need to not get ahead of myself and to make sure it is 100% sorted bodywork wise first before buying paint!

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote