View Single Post
Old 14-11-15, 06:55 PM   #8
JOHNDQ

JOHNDQ is on a distinguished road
At this point run into a problem i had a oil leak from the rear of the headgasket, off again then....

Not sure what happened to gasket....

And way on went a LR gasket with saver shim, no more leak....

Mapping next....

No problems here made stock power but with a fair bit more torque and the car pulled though the rev's a lot better on drive home....

Next was onto another test day at Bedford Autodrome to test it out as didnt want to go far in-case was a problem, that turnt out to be a wise choice. About 20mins in the engine lost power and was rattling so called it a day and a waste of £160 but there you go. Not 100% sure what happened but the front VVC unit was rattling like mad but after a compression and cylinder leakage test was done no damaged valves to piston ring troubles were found the engine was removed and a Piper 285H solid cam kit was ordered and thats were i am at this point. The plan was to use it with the VVC for a while to give me a bit of time to get the money together to get the full race Piper kit and the steel bottom end, forged pistons etc but there you go. I didnt think it was worth paying £600 odd for a new Rover cam and VVC unit as the Piper kit was £1020 nor did i want to risk using a second hand unit.
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote