Thread: T16
View Single Post
Old 29-04-18, 08:11 AM   #25
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Some good news and some bad news...

I have been quiet on the T16 front for a while as a few weeks back (months!) we took the T16 up to Halifax and while there it started to idle odd and stalled a couple of times at lights. She made it home without drama though and then parked up and refuses to start at all since.

The other week I decided to check her out and see what I could find, I pressure tested the engine to find only 1-2 PSI in all cylinders. So thats it, dead engine.

Now when I picked the car up it was suffering, what I now know was, boost cut due to the boost being set to 24psi. I suspect what has happened is that the ring lands have gone as is when you run over 12 psi for any long time (Pete ran 14psi since the rebuild).

Since then I have been quietly amassing parts, I have some wossner pistons on PEC rods (weighted set), new big end bearings, head gasket kit, sump gasket kit (which should fix a small oil leak it has as well!) and new piston rings for the wossner. Also purchased a few new tools to help me fit all this (pistons ring pliers for example).

All that is left is new stretch bolts and then I can begin the rebuild

Then I think she can go into the booth for a much needed paint refresh!

I will keep this updated as an when I start the process.

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote