View Single Post
Old 13-08-19, 09:19 PM   #1
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
CarMadBaker: The Return of Big Red

I'm not going to lie... it's been a while! Great to see some old names and faces still haunting the forum, refusing to let it die like many others.

You guys know how it goes, life gets going and never slows down!
We are now home owners, I run my own company working on the offshore windfarms around the UK, I have turned 30 and soon to be a daddy! so no chance life will slow down anytime soon either, which I don't mind really.

Car wise its been a bit of a roller coaster, I sold my Lotus Elise and moved onto a Mercedes AMG CLA45, got bored and got myself a Jaguar F-Type, found out I was to be a daddy so have recently purchased a 5.0 V8 Supercharged Jaguar XFR.. 550bhp of tyre shredding fun! My favourite car to date I must admit!

You will all be glad to hear however... I still have my turbo zed! She is now back home in my garage, instead of polluting my parents driveway.
In reality, I could probably pop her straight back on the road and get on driving her, but being a perfectionist I insist on being 100% happy with it before I do that.
So the list is as follows:
-Ditch the intercooler for a charge cooler setup
-Larger radiator with electric water pump
-Re-route the turbo drain pipes
-Re-think the oil catchment system
-Swap the clutch out
-General tidy up
-Paintwork refresh
-Refresh the brakes
-Fix a leaky issue with the clutch master/slave cylinder
-Refresh the suspension where required.
-Send her back for mapping with hopefully some big numbers to return!

I am hoping for around 450/475bhp but anything north of 400bhp will of been an achievement to be honest! I will update my build thread as I go, well...try!

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote