View Single Post
Old 27-02-11, 05:36 PM   #130
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Right well to answer a few of the questions; i never got to drive it while it was in the deve phase, it wait the Friday before i picked it up on the Monday!

But Matt thought it went better when the boost was able to be sustained, but it was a bit too laggy; hence why we now know we need to use a wastegate in order to control the pre high EMP exhuast flow.

the fuel pump situation has been confirmed as pretty terminal, so i have just bought me a reconned unit off fleabay this evening.. a 'bargain' at ?400 delivered with a year warranty on it.

Xpart want best part of ?1k for the same state part, so will try to get my old one repaired, and might keep it spare or sell it to get some money back from it...

Now just need to sit down and do some sums and some estimates as to exactly how to attempt to handle the gas diversion. there is apparently a exhaust based valve that the mitsubishi's use to open&close based on a petrol car for the anti-lag that could well be useful.

Our concern with an external wastegate is that unless the flow is quite limited we are going to get surging (dropping) boost pressure as soon as it opens up....

An additional 20mm is too large and drops the max boost generated to around 13PSI so it is a really fine line as to where we want to limit it....
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote