View Single Post
Old 31-03-11, 01:09 PM   #6
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topov View Post
Dan... remember a 115 is actually a remapped 101 done by the factory. 140 is safe but hitting over 150 things start to go pear shaped and you are at the top end of what a standard turbo can handle. People have gone upto 170 but the engines didn't last long and after rebuilds everyone turns it down.
That is not true... i have not toned anything down on the mapping side from my 170.

150 has been hit my many many many cars with SDi's and so far there has been very little reported issues once the timing advance that was originally put in was reset and the fuelling was reduced a smidgin.... that was about 2 years ago.

i do agree that 150 is the top of the turbo's range the smoke of a 160bhp mapped car is substantially greater than mine on full chat!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote