View Single Post
Old 20-11-16, 05:06 PM   #27
Big-Jay

Big-Jay has a spectacular aura aboutBig-Jay has a spectacular aura about
Been back in the garage again this weekend. Didn't manage to get much done last weekend though as I was out picking up various bits and pieces I need to get the ZS finished.

Managed to get another under engine tray as mine was missing, I suspect it was taken off due to the oil leak and never put back on. Also got hold of an O/S arch liner as mine was broken, just need the N/S now as that's broken too -

I seen a complete Black Oak dash assembly on a Facebook for sale page for a reasonable price so I didn't waste any time in purchasing that, here it is -

And also sourced a new cup/pen holder insert and a flocked glove box too -

All bits that'll give the car a bit more of a 'premium' feel if you like.

Anyway, onto this weekends work. I decided to start refurbishing some of the running gear. I wasn't happy with the paint finish the enamel paint on the passenger side bottom arm had left, so I decided to re-do it with some Aerosol satin black. Same goes for the drivers side too.

Wire brushed them both back to bare metal and then zinc primed -

Painted -

And back together again ready to go back onto the car -

Got the subframe refitted back onto the car, a real pig to get the steering column splines lined up but got it done in the end -

Fitted the bottom arms back onto the car -

And then waxed the cavities and under arches with this stuff. S-50 for the cavities and UC to provide a protective clear wax film for the under arches-

I've also started refitting various brackets and what not -

I know the green won't be to everyone's liking but I think it looks epic !

Should be ordering the lowering springs from Moto-Build next week, as well as new bearings and ball joints for the hubs as they're knackered, so shouldn't be too long until she's rolling again.

Jay.
Big-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote