Thread: Zs+ 620ti turbo
View Single Post
Old 16-07-12, 10:43 PM   #1
BootyDoZs

BootyDoZs is on a distinguished road
Zs+ 620ti turbo

Ok where do i begin,

i swapped a focus 1.8 Ghia x on a 99 plate for the Mg straight swap and i was well happy with the exchange, BUT!!!!!

after a week or so i noticed there was a leak of oil under the sump and around the bell housing, lookd into the problems and with definitive proof of what was going on i thought sod it ill do a engine conversion.

After alot of wrong advice and loss of cash i finally got what i needed a rover 620Ti with a mint engine and gearbox a sham really as the shell was nice too but where needs must.

ok bits and advice.

I rang Adrian at AAautosport who i must say is amazing told me everything i need to do's and donts also a comprehensive list of parts to get the engine into the Zs.

these were a set of engine mounts from a 420 gsi 2.0
420 drive shafts or Zstd shafts
complete engine loom from a 420
and the most important of all a complete donor 620Ti and NOT a 220k coupe turbo due to the tuning possibilities and the sump being steel on the 220k and alloy on the 620t.

also i got the 620 calipers from the donor that after a bit of fettling will be a great boost to braking on the Zs from 262mm to 282mm, the 620 came with a new set of disks and pads all round but still uunsure if the rears will fit.

in the boot i found 2 spare wheels from a vitesse 17" so i have 6 alloys to play with 2 defo need a refurb but still nice to have.

the 620 came with the 3 gauges oil temp,voltage and a boost gauge all matching smoked led type, so i need to get a pillar pod to mount them.

oh and not to forget a full mongoose stainless that im not sure it can be made to fit always worth a go i suppose.

Thats about it for no just a case of getting the engine out of the 2 cars and trying to find th mounts and loom. i'll keep you posted on what happens next time.
BootyDoZs is offline   Reply With Quote