View Single Post
Old 21-02-11, 04:37 PM   #125
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Well i have got some good and bad news after picking the car up today....

lets start with the bad shall wel... my fuel pump is poorly. getting a slightly metallic bearing noise from it, and it has put the light on again after it was cleared.

Day to day it is no issue until one day it will just die on me. So new pump or reconditioned one or scrapyard one is needed soonish... this will be anything from ?750-150 depending on what i can get my hands on.

The next bad news is that the prototype pressure relief system failed on friday after about 500miles fitted. It turns out that central heating pipework is not man enough for the temps of sustained exhaust gas flow... (it melted it) then as the copper pipe all gave up it pointed the vent at a nice cooant T piece and melted that in the process....

Oh and the noise of un silenced engine from just a tiny section of pipework was immense, so a proper solution is needed that plumb it back into the exhaust properly...

the good news is that we know know what sized hole is needed, and we need to utilize an external wastegate to achieve the desired result as the simple approach either is not effective enough, or is too effective.... got to love manual twist values

car will be coming to the meet, but it wont be finished so no runs i am afraid as the 50% throttle limit is still in place
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote