View Single Post
Old 16-07-20, 10:22 PM   #302
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Well the last two days were very productive. With the cam issues I decided to remove the cam covers as was not convinced by the problems encountered. To cut a long story short I was either tired or I failed to check the contents of each box but I had the cams in the wrong position on the front bank. After checking each set and happy with layout I rebuilt the cam carriers. I can honestly say that the cam belt service is probably the worst I have done. Not user friendly, the secondary set-up is a right pita. I would go to say it would be easier with the engine out. It is now slowly going back together. Cranked it over by hand, no dramas and everything lined up again. Just a case of trying to torque the crank pulley bolt up with no flywheel locking pin. Even in gear and wheels chocked I can still move the car! Guess it’ll have to wait until the brakes have been bled then get a helper to stand on them. Now to get the fuel filter changed, tidy up the loom then rebuild the manifolds and plenum.