View Single Post
Old 01-08-12, 12:07 AM   #31
guru

guru will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Raby View Post
Just outside of wroxham towards rackheath!

Driving it still as its fine to be on road, nationwide collecting Monday and leaving me a silly C1?!

Need to check as sure I have like for like....

I did take offer on blue one as for 136k they offered 1600!!! Silly not too!

Won't be going down that route with this!!
That area just seems to be a **** magnet, my wife drives through Wroxham every day to get to work and is forever having people almost hitting her

If the other party's insurance isn't disputing the claim then you should have a hire car by now, and you can insist on like for like. When the clio hit my BMW because his insurance didn't dispute it they contacted me to offer me a hire car. I accepted and asked what it would be only to be told a Corsa or similar! I argued with the woman that a Corsa wasn't very similar to a 540i Touring!!! After about 15 mins on the phone she agreed to authorise me for a premium hire car and later that evening a very new Mercedes CLS was delivered to my door For the next 3 weeks I got to drive around in a 55k merc whilst they put my 10 year old BMW back together!!!!!

BTW one thing worth remembering is that if you are hit and the other party admits liability then you will still get a hire car paid for even if your own policy doesn't include it as you are claiming off of their insurance. I've never had replacement cover on any of my policies as I always have at least 3 cars but still got the merc!
2003 mk1 ZT-T with LPG
2004 mk2 ZS 180 with LPG
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee with LPG
guru is offline   Reply With Quote