View Single Post
Old 10-05-18, 08:11 AM   #15
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
seems unfair to stop the insurance.

Better than hitting anything.
It does - especially as that will no doubt have caused issues as mentioned because the next insurance company will ask the " have you ever had insurance declined or cancelled" question, and up goes the premium !

Harsh world for young people these days - struggle to get car insurance and don't get me started on house prices and them being able to buy a house .....

I know I'm not the oldest on here - not far from though - but my first house was a 2 bed end terrace we bought in about 1995 for £60K. It was just a repossessed new build in an estate near Harlow so nothing special. That house is now £280K. Most mortgages these days require a 25% deposit whereas for me at the time I had to put in just 5%. How the hell is a 22/23 yr old gonna be able to stump up a 25% deposit on that (68K) .... ?.... I get the feeling that my boys, 17 and 14 now, will be at home for a long time unless I bung them a massive wedge from my retirement lump .... All well and good for me (and them) to be able to do that, but not everyone can give their kids a big handout.

Last edited by Dan1971; 10-05-18 at 08:19 AM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote