View Single Post
Old 10-05-18, 09:40 AM   #16
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post

I know I'm not the oldest on here - not far from though - but my first house was a 2 bed end terrace we bought in about 1995 for £60K. It was just a repossessed new build in an estate near Harlow so nothing special. That house is now £280K. Most mortgages these days require a 25% deposit whereas for me at the time I had to put in just 5%. How the hell is a 22/23 yr old gonna be able to stump up a 25% deposit on that (68K) .... ?.... I get the feeling that my boys, 17 and 14 now, will be at home for a long time unless I bung them a massive wedge from my retirement lump .... All well and good for me (and them) to be able to do that, but not everyone can give their kids a big handout.

I have the same thoughts, unless left a fortune or being helped by family / parents its neigh on impossible for young people in this day and age .
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote