View Single Post
Old 10-05-18, 08:51 PM   #20
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Nothing is easy for today's generation, I'm seeing it with my own girls. Still have two at home, one doesn't want to rent, dead money she says and right too. One off to university this year so she'll be studying hard to be a midwife, then she'll look to buy.

When I was their age it seemed so easy to buy a house, gazzumping (sp) being the biggest issue and situation where money would be wasted with no control.

Myself and Kathy have told the girls when we next move house we are signing it over in their names. So in the event of us going into a 'home' they won't lose their inheritance, so we will be well in advance of the 7 year gap. Not too keen using my equity to help them as it would need to be a fair three way offering, would cost me a lot of money plus paying for it over the remaining term of 11 years. Also got a wedding to assist with!