Thread: 182 va va voom!
View Single Post
Old 15-10-13, 09:49 PM   #10
Cally180

Cally180 is on a distinguished road
Update after Knockhill antics:-

so had my first session out in the clio at Knockhill on Sunday there, and over all I'm very happy with it.

Drove the the car up in the morning following my mates 600bhp Evo lasted the full day and drove home with no major issues. One problem I did have is my exhaust has moved slightly and touched and melted the bumper a little, nothin major.

As for for the track day... For a standard car it preformed well passing a 182 throphy and another 172 clio, taking a few redtop nova's, BMW 328i, mx5's saxo's and older type civics. ... Had a good wee fight with a mx5 supercharged, the more upto date civic type R's and even met old yellow peril on the day... so happy with the end result.

A wee picture of it sitting in the paddock

Lots of 3 wheeled action was going on and felt more confident on the corners with it.

Only issue I now have with the car, Is that I took the car out after being out on Sunday and it's died on me, after further checking I've found the positive going to the starter had shorted agenst the exhaust manifold and blown the fuse that's on the positive lead coming from the battery. It's not a normal fuse as you can see

Trying to find the rating of this fuse is turning out to be a bit of a mission, Renault don't have a clue as it's not a new upto date car that they are interested in and the cliosport site just ain't technical enough..

So as it stands the now, the car doesn't run, but once this fuse is replaced we should be back up and running and continue to what was a good start
Cally180 is offline   Reply With Quote