View Single Post
Old 22-12-13, 02:01 PM   #208
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
figured I ought to put an update on here, as ever it has been a while.

Car unfortuntely got neglected due to other commitments that Matt had (namely working for Nissan on the GT academy all summer on the support side) so the car has only just had the brakes and suspension sorted.

Currently the springs are 'aggressive' according to matt, so we will be looking to put a set of Eibacj progressive ones on there, he just wants me to drive it first so I can give him some pointers on how hard/soft we want the two rates to be....

Aircon is still playing up, and I think that is the last outstanding job on the car as we speak - had to have whole new rear brakes, calipers, disks and pads - been rebuilding them every year and they had seized again. Just could not be bothered with the hassle so should be good for a bit longer now.

Turbo side of things wont be sorted this year, due to time; but hoping in the not too distant future in 2014 should have something sorted out there....

Just means that the only thing I have to worry about is the quite significant surface rust my car is displaying... everything has been waxoiled last year it was, but maybe not in time... so maybe a difficult choice to make on the car's future if we can't keep on top of it

have to say in the wet weather i really miss the sure-footedness of the ZS with the ATB... the little fiesta on skinny tires just does not inspire as much confidence!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote