View Single Post
Old 22-05-14, 10:23 AM   #8
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
as said, - either just fit a thin plate on the exhaust manifold side and plug it all up together, or remove the lot and join the watercooler pipework toegther to complete the circuit.
you'd need to two blanks, one for the inlet 'chargpipe' and one for the exhaust manifold.

if it a Mk2, then you can get it remapped to remove the code from showing up as an issue.

Right now, the EGR is not an issue for MOT's - and on the L-series only opens at constant throttle when no idling anyways, so it is not exactly doing a huge amount.

warm-up time is a touch longer - but it saves the oily crap building up in the inlet manifold as a result!
Thats why I said *MAY* because I was told the V6 Diesel will have issues passing the MOT without an EGR, but it is blanked off (not by me) and seems to be fine so far...

On a side note, I removed the EGR the other day to replace a filter underneath it and there was 2cm (no joke) of carbon buildup on the blank... Shows how dirty the engine can be! (Although I don't know how long it has been on there)

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote