View Single Post
Old 26-09-07, 09:46 PM   #24
papa_lazaroo

papa_lazaroo is on a distinguished road
Hello Boys and girls, I'm new to the site, but not to the brand. I hav worked in Car design for the last 16 years, and during that time have benefited fro working at Jaguar(Fuels cooling and Exhausts)(Rover- Lngbridge, and Gaydon) and for the last 4 years, in Chassis at Nissan in Milton Kaynes, although I have taken 3 months out to cream the cash working in Zurich,,,, I digress. I have had the privledge of owning 1 Rover 25 1.6, and 1 Rover 45 Diesel (Pearl and Oyster, to those who worked at Longbridge) and then I moved onto 2 MGZS+, first was the exact car(in Red wine metalic) that you see on the handbook,it was uncle Ken's company car (Ken was the prototype workshop manager at Longbridge and his car, later mine, was full of spec). It was lovely except it wa the diesel, nothing wrong with diesels, but I like more speed, Any way, I now have a 180 as pictured on my Profile, and here is where it gets interesting for those wanting an answer to this conundrum. When the nice man looking after chassis dynamics for the MG ZR and S aksed if he could tweek the suspention to make the MG badged cars different, he was told, yes. Just so long as the parts are all the same and shared by Honda (that way Rover voided any tooling bill). So Mark Anderson, went and turned the front control linkages upside down, and in that small engineering master stroke, changed the handling of the chassis. this is why the MG's handle far better than the rovers.

Keep in touch, I like the thought of us all loving our cars.

Rob
papa_lazaroo is offline   Reply With Quote