View Single Post
Old 24-07-16, 02:55 PM   #166
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Thanks Grimmy. Yea took some doing but into it now.

Stripping parts off to clean it and service it has highlighted several areas of corrosion, expected for something 14 years old I guess. Making up some cardboard templates ready to transfer to sheet steel. MIG welder recommissioned, no great but working. Ideally I would like to buy a new one.

Brackets cleaned, ground and sprayed with smooth hammerite. Need to get the wheels off so I can access the inner wing rust areas, one of these needs a plate as well. Front nearside tie down hanger is bad.

Ordered some M6 hex head flanged bolts in stainless to replace all those removed as they are pretty bad.
Nice one .my old bus is still going strong.it does have bit of an issue gearbox wise and the front jacking points are bit ropey but apart from that it seems fine.again not bad for 12 years old.