View Single Post
Old 21-04-11, 08:38 PM   #12
adio

adio is on a distinguished road
Ok here goes as to what was done and why, Engine was replaced, rocker covers changed as replacement engine ones were different, also changed top half of sump, and sump as also different, original flywheel fitted. After car failed to start first time and investigating found that camshaft on from half of engine had been damaged due to previous person into engine did not use correct timing tools. Replaced camshaft and timed engine up. Again engine failed to start.

Carried out diagnostics using Rover T4 computer, i can access the BCU, but when i try to access the ECU the T4 diagnostics cant connect. Tried using Bosch KTS diagnostics, again failed to connect using the engine management option, I was able to get 1 fault code using the OBD option, Fault registered was the camshaft sensor was out of range.

New camshaft sensor tried and no success, Thinking it may be a wiring issue i also changed the engine bay wiring loom, still no joy. Also changed the ECU, BCU, along with keyfob required.

Again same issue. Again i cant access the engine ECU with the T4, I used the T4 to access the EKA and tried that thinking it may have something to do with that. Knew it would'nt work but was worth a try. Carried out System tests on the BCU and all seemed to work fine.

Ok so here is what i have found that seems strange other than not being able to access the ecu. Central locking no longer works, The small red light on the instrument cluster to let you know the alarm is on no longer lights up or does anything for that matter. The engine turns over but does not even offer, no spark, and its not injection fuel into the bores. When the ignition is turned on you hear the alarm bleeping away for a few secs then it goes off, or can be turned off using the key fob. You can hear the fuel pump run for a few secs the as it should it stops, just the norm really. although it still wont start.

Carried out visual inspection of wiring but nothing strange found. The car did run before engine was removed so cant understand whats happened now. Any help would be great.
adio is offline   Reply With Quote