Thread: XPG Part 6
View Single Post
Old 11-03-17, 12:36 PM   #48
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Gutted for you mate.

But .....

Don't be afraid to say it's rubbish. Previous owners have done their best to look after it and modify it, but maybe it's at the time of it's life where it gets a heart transplant - plenty of 180 engines out there. If that's not for you then you'll get pants offers for it selling it with an unknown fault and your experience will be even worse.

You're right to say that it'd be worth more in bits - and it would - by miles. The exhaust and leather interior would likely get you £500+ . Don't be anxious just because previous owners are here, you decide what's right for you mate. If it is strip it to get some money back - do it. If anyone slates you for it, I'm sure you'd listen to offers from them for it.

I don't mean to be harsh but with the luck you've had in terms of your motoring/motorcycling would mean to me that you need to cut your losses and make some tough decisions.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote