Thread: The new MK 2
View Single Post
Old 28-11-13, 03:58 PM   #29
drroberts490

drroberts490 has a spectacular aura aboutdrroberts490 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by drroberts490 View Post
Thanks for all the comments guys, appreciate it.
I done some online quotes for my MK1 last night................................ £260 from 'We buy any car', now I know they are not worth a lot these days but £260 is shocking, that must be pretty much scrap value!
'We want any car' came in slightly better with £449. Hopefully I will be able to sell her privately to someone who will appreciate it.
Have some work to do on her first though, had to put about a litre of coolant in her before I started her for the first time in 8 months, could this be evaporation? Never lost coolant like that before. Also noticed one of my VIS motors is sticking, whatever the right hand LED is on the indicator, can't remember?????
Noticed she had a bit of dry coolant around the Thermostat this morning so looks like that is the cause of the missing coolant! Never done a thermostat change before but want to get it done before I sell her on. Also she was idling erratically but gave the Idle Control Valve a good clean with some Meths and that seems to have done the trick. Ironically took her for a spin and the VIS's were behaving perfectly! Just the right green LED sticks on every now and again, is this the Balance Motor(the one that controls the rod)?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowthruster View Post
Hi could you post up some pictures of the mk1 as im interested or pm the details.thanks
Gonna give her a good wash and polish at the weekend and will then post some pics, would be great to sell her to a fellow enthusiast and forum member.
drroberts490 is offline   Reply With Quote