Thread: New and Old
View Single Post
Old 05-04-15, 02:04 PM   #1
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
New and Old

As some know i recently acquired another zed quite cheaply, got it home without drama although it did/does have a few faults, ie.
ATC had been pushed into the console (fixed)
Passenger side window not working (fixed - turned out to be a fuse)
Paintwork needs a bit of work ,has quite a lot of micro scratches that i've had a go at with some g3 paint renovator. Maybe need to step up to some scratch remover although it has improved a lot.
Ideally could do with the front bumper and bonnet sorting due to stonechips and a new back bumper which has some damage to the drivers side corner, it's not broken but it has cracked the paint.(why can they not use black primer on black cars? lol)
The wheels could do with a bit of tlc there's no real damage just paint bubbling , was thinking of getting a refurbed set from part-ex alloys, anyone used those people before?
And finally it has a leaking thermostat . i've ordered one through the group buy offer so when that arrives i can sort that.
I put both cars through the MOT 2 weeks back , with the mk1 needing rear callipers and the mk2 needing front discs and pads which i was quite happy with. So both cars now have 12months ticket

The old girl still looks well!

After a day's errm "g3-ing" lol

The infamous Thermostat.

Nice view sir!

So , there is a bit of work to do but mainly cosmetic, i can handle that!