Thread: T16 question
View Single Post
Old 21-08-16, 03:37 PM   #1
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
T16 question

I've thought long and hard about what to do with my ZS TD which has been off the road since our epic road trip last year. My head is saying break it for the juicy bits and scrap it (it's not really worth anything otherwise), my heart is saying it's far too nice to break, bite the bullet and get it sorted.

As always with MG's, heart wins.

I have therefore decided to do a T16 conversion (for a variety of reasons which I will record in a new build thread) but it hasn't been an easy decision.

The question (I need to stop rambling) is to do with the wiring

Long term I will be going aftermarket ECU, probably OMEX however initially I want to run the engine relatively standard in order to assure myself its a good one.

To do this I have secured a standard (decoded) ECU and wiring loom. My concern is connecting the ECU to the rest of the car.

I believe people such as "Cableguy" and AMW can make a "plug and play" loom to connect the ECU up with the rest of the car's wiring (to control fans and dash lights etc) but would being the diesel make any difference?

I need to study wiring diagrams really but just wondered if anybody had any advice/ input or if there are any guides anywhere which specifically show how to adapt the wiring looms?