View Single Post
Old 25-06-17, 07:05 PM   #223
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
So nothing to report recently really, I haven't been driving her because she desperately needs an oil change, gearbox fluid change and one of the CV boots has split leading to a CV joint starting to fail.

I should of been doing these but got engrossed in changing the sub frames on my F to TF (hydragas to conventional springs) which involved breaking a TF and ended up buying a later more powerful engine which requires a rewire of half the car....

And before I'd finished Mrs TC came up with the bright idea of a hot tub (I'm not really objecting as I have arthritis) and she wanted it on a deck, not just big enough for the tub but 35 square meters.....

What you can't see is the 5 cubic meters of removed soil to get the depth for the supporting joists or the 80 concrete blocks laid in the corner to support the tub.

All the rubbish had to gout through the conservatory in buckets and all the inbound materials came over the fence (and our neighbours garden when they were out) using my hiab crane truck.

We finished decking yesterday and Mrs TC painted it with sealant stain today while I did the above jobs on FE54.

or I would have done - despite regularly starting her the battery was completely dead, a booster pack wouldn't work, a jump from the ZR wouldn't work and even the battery from the F connected by jumps leads was a waste of time. She wasn't even turning.

When the first coat of sealant had dried (and the F1 finished) I could get to my spare batteries, fitted the one from the TF (charged in January) and she started first turn of the key! Unfortunately too late to do anything useful.

And one little moan - one of my wonderful neighbours decided to report FE54 as not taxed and abandoned so I had a letter, upon return from holiday politely informing me the car is untaxed and will be removed, I don't know where the council checked by a quick on the DVLA site confirmed tax and a quick check on askMID confirmed insurance.