View Single Post
Old 16-04-10, 03:05 PM   #20
Tom163

Tom163 is on a distinguished road
Exhaust Updateeyy-

Got all my parts delivered yesterday so went about fitting everything. Looking at the old mild steel system it was way past due a replacement :O Very rusted with a massive hole in the silencer too.

I originally wanted to remove the old system before going about cutting up my bumper but the rusted solid bolts said different lol so while I was waiting for my blowtorch to arrive I decided to cut the bumper to MG's factory measurements...quite risky not knowing how the new box would line up but did it anyway.

I did all the marking with crayons and used a hacksaw and a dremel tool to cut it and I amazed myself how good and clean it came out in the end....all done with the bumper still on the car too! preparation was key to not cutting to much lol.

Rough cut-

All cleaned up-

After all the cutting I used the blowtorch to cut the old system off as it did'nt want to come off normally, I think that was the easiest part of the whole day. Then came the time to fit the new Janspeed Intermediate pipe and also the Xpower Thruflo box. All bolts were supplied so ready to go!

Fitted I was very happy to see it sat rite in the middle of my cut in the bumper and looked rite good!!

Finally went onto fitting the heatshield itself. It was very easy as the bumper was cut, all I had to do was mark and drill 4 holes for the bolts and put them on.

And finally all done-

Hopefully coming next month, bigger brakes and cams fitted. Oh and Waxoyl!! before anything else hahaha.

Cheers
Tom
Tom163 is offline   Reply With Quote