View Single Post
Old 29-03-10, 12:37 PM   #37
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Well the car is broken again..

was thrashing it very hard on sunday and it has pissed all the coolant out of the expansion tank - via the pressure release valve.

It could just be the cap is faulty but i am a bit skeptical, but will be replacing it when i get my hands on one.

If it is not the cap, then it is HGF\headlift again.

At Matt reidy's recommendation i need to get the codes read to see if i am getting a -ve deviation error from the timing solenoid in the pump. If that is yes there is a problem, then what has happened is the car has been running with way too much advance and the cylinder pressures have gone up too much - blowing the gasket again.

So to fix that would need new pump or reconditioned one, head stripping and rechecking again, new belts and being put together once more.

If there is no -ve deviation error and the cap doesn't fix it then the problem lies elsewhere and will require some investigation. not sure where to start tho if something else causes it..

To say i am gutted is an understatment....
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote