Thread: your opinions
View Single Post
Old 20-09-12, 08:22 PM   #10
pete mufc bowker

pete mufc bowker is infamous around these parts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
I guess so. However take into account old fuel, possibly contaminated including fuel filter, mositure in the engine? Like I said before I would partially strip the engine to expose the bores, lube them, remove the fuel pump relay and then crank it over until the oil light goes out, then think about trying to start it, assuming the fuel is okay.
i get what your saying, and all that will be done, it was just the key/immobliser that was worrying me, off subject, i smashed 1 of my cars up a few years back, and my mum had a p reg 1.6 vtec civic that had been sat on the drive for over 5 years, full of green crap all over it and stunk of damp, i drained the dregs outta the petrol tank, drained the oil and radiator, replaced them all, baught 4 crappy wheels and a new battery, and it started 3rd turn of the key, it blew all the cotton wool lookin stuff outta the exhaust, and there was alot of it, it passed the mot with flying colours and lasted me over a year, now thats what u call build qualty, hope this mg turns out the same lol