View Single Post
Old 15-01-11, 04:14 PM   #13
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Engine hoist, jacks, axle stands, all new filters, new oil, antifreeze, gearbox oil, if you loose any when you take drive shafts out.

Dont throw anything away from the first engine till the new ones up and running.

I'd get some assorted jubilee clips, dont know how the fuel pipe comes off, but know O rings can be a difficult to get hold of, expect the pipe can just be unclipped from the filter.

Track rod nut splitter if you have to take drive shafts out, check suspension bushes, might be easier to change if its all split down.

I'd get some plastic tubs, ice cream, butter etc, mark with marker pen, mounting bolts, rad bolts etc as you take them out it all makes sense but if you end up with a big box of bolts its fun trying to remember where they all go back. Allways seem to be one left in the bottom of the box anyway.

This goes back to doing one of the daughters minis, but that was easier as you could just lift the body over the front subframe!!!

If you can take plenty of pictures so you can refer back.

Thats a start, but will plenty I've left off.

Whats the thermostat/housing like, when its out will be easier to do, same as the clutch. I've never pulled an engine out without putting in a new clutch kit, so easy when its all out, but down to the pennies in this case.

Best of luck.

Last edited by peterzs; 15-01-11 at 04:18 PM.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote