View Single Post
Old 27-07-12, 04:05 PM   #44
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Right took me about 30 seconds to remove the grub pin and the blank supplied. However I've decided to order just a stock MG Rover blank as the guy as ground it down in such a way that theres not enough material to have a shoulder both sides so it may wobble. I'm going to cut the shoulders to fit it in to the fob myself and then take it to a different locksmith for them to cut the key.

But for your amusement here is the blank that came with the fob on the left and my butchered spare on the right, not sure what the guy thought he was doing, but according to him it should now fit!

Is it just me that thinks this was a simple task??? Although to be fair to the guy I do live in a strange part of Bristol where there is no harm drowning in the gene pool. Guess I shouldn't expect too much.

2012 BMW 320d Sport

Last edited by Jay-ZS+; 27-07-12 at 04:08 PM.
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote