Thread: Daily diesel
View Single Post
Old 26-04-16, 04:00 PM   #12
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I've not heard of any other engines being used in any of the modern diesels myself - can't remember if there was a pug engine in the wedges, or it is was another prima/L varaient.

The 75's used the BMW engines, in a slightly lower state of tune than BMW used.

The G-series tests outperformed it, but it was a shame it never made it beyond development mule, was going to be 160 & 190bhp flavours out the box...... common rail and VNT, we could have seen 200+ quite easily I reckon, but there we go.

Some timing adjustments can be made on the ECU I thought, or was that just the timing of the fuel injection? I know early reidy maps were blowing HG's on the OE turbo's with SDI's, even though they had cleaner smoke levels.

the bigger turbo will cure the soot issues, should be fairly clean if you stick to the SDI's and don't swap out the injectors.....

I'm hoping this year I join the 200 club tho.... if only I get that controller, then I can start to do stuff again!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote