Thread: ZS TD project
View Single Post
Old 02-05-14, 05:59 PM   #56
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Another update...

Was back to see Kris at Darkside a few weeks ago to play around with the map since the new core and injectors had been fitted and I had played around with the map of the turbo.

We had the rollers for half the day and did loads of pulls, cutting a long story short, we decided to leave fueling as it was but changed the opening pressure on the wastegate as well as played around with the controller map so she now boosts at 29psi.

The amazing thing is EMP peaks at 23 psi, something you will simply not achieve with a non-VNT turbo with any kind of quick spool. Because of the external wastegate on my VNT set up there is no spike so literally have the best of both worlds.

I should say that the 197.7 result was with the rollers set with slightly higher resistance which helped the boost spool.
The 184 result was consistent with the dyno on shootout mode for FWD forced indiction cars.
The reason i am posting both graphs is because on the FWD forced induction mode (184bhp) the boost was dropping off to about 25psi. This does not happen on the road, on the road it sits at 29psi to the redline as it did with the rollers set to higher resistance when it pulled 197 bhp. Im not saying one is right and one is wrong, just trying to give the full picture.

Either way, safe to say its got well over 300 ft/lbs torque and considerably more power than a ZS180, needless to say it is quick.

It was always my aim to have a 50+ mpg RELIABLE ZS with more power and almost double the torque of a standard 180. I think it has now been met.